Life is busy, especially for parents. We rarely get a chance to step back, take a break, and think about how we’re doing as parents – and think about how our family life could become the best it can be. The Parenting course offers the opportunity to learn with others about the ups and downs of supporting our children as they grow up.
The course helps us to:
- improve our relationships with our children to help them flourish
- think about our parenting style in a relaxed, friendly environment
- hear about other parents’ experiences and learn together, picking up ideas and top tips
- build confidence as parents to help us cope in difficult situations
What kind of things will we talk about?
Each week tackles a different area:
- getting the basics right for a happy, healthy family life
- how to make our children feel loved and figure out what makes them tick
- how to set boundaries and discipline our children in the best way
- how to deal with anger and conflict, and how to help our children build healthy relationships
What are the sessions like?
Each session starts with cake and coffee, followed by a short DVD talk and group discussion.
Not everyone feels comfortable sharing details about their family life, and you won’t have to share anything you don’t want to.
Unfortunately we’re not able to offer childcare. For two-parent families, if childcare is an issue, we suggest alternating weekly between each parent.
Who is it for?
Parents, step-parents or carers of one or more children aged 0–10, and parents-to-be. Single parents are very welcome. You don't have to be a Christian to come on the course, it's for anyone, with or without a Christian or church background.
How much does it cost?
£15 per person. Free places are also available if cost is an issue.
How do I sign up?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to see when the next course is running.